- OBIS: Catalog of the Oberlin College Library is the catalog of all of the materials held by all of the Oberlin College Libraries. If we own it, subscribe to it, or have electronic access to it, OBIS knows!
- OhioLINK Library Catalog represents the holdings of nearly 90 academic libraries around the state, plus some large public libraries. You can borrow materials from other libraries through the OhioLINK catalog. Most items are delivered within 3 - 5 business days.
- Summon is a library search engine that helps you discover a wide range of materials regardless of subject area or format. It's a great starting pointn for many research projects. Try it and see what you can find!
- Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) helps you get books and articles that aren't available at Oberlin.
Search the catalogs of US and foreign libraries; identify materials that may be borrowed through ILLiad
Well researched non partisan political and economic information on countries and territories from around the world, Also includes some statistical data, directory, and profiles of international organizations.
Gale Virtual Reference Library
Handbooks, dictionaries, encyclopedias in a wide range of subject areas, including Arts, Biography, Business, Education, Environment, History, Law, Literature, Medicine, Multicultural Studies, Nation and World, Religion, Science, and Social Sciences.
Guide to U.S. Foreign Policy
Includes topical and historical chapters on U.S. diplomatic initiatives
Oxford Bibliographies - Political Science
Authoritative guide to reliable peer-reviewed resources and scholarship from many disciplines and topics. Bibliographies are selectively curated and annotated by expert academics and offer high-level overviews that provide non-experts with a point of entry into unfamiliar areas of study.
Oxford International Encyclopedia of Peace
Covers the full range of historical, political, theoretical and philosophical issues relating to peace and conflict, including major figures, events, and organizations.
Includes working papers, policy briefs, case studies, videos and course packs, as well as journal articles and books. Sources range from NGOs and think tanks to university-based research institutes. Dates of Coverage: 1991-
Includes scholarly articles and book citations for a wide variety of disciplines. When you are on campus, Google Scholar links to library resources
Scholarly journal archive for the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences; most journals 2-5 years out-of-date
International Political Science Abstracts
Citations for articles in political science and related disciplines.
Dates of Coverage: 1951 to date
Peace Research Abstracts
Covers all areas related to peace research, including war and conflict, international relations, arms control, the military, diplomacy, international law and conventions, nations and national policies, and international organizations. Includes references to journal articles, books, book chapters, government publications, dissertations, significant speeches and conferences, pamphlets, and newsletters. Dates of Coverage: 1964-
Worldwide Political Science Abstracts
Articles, book chapters, dissertations, working papers, and conference proceedings in all fields of political science, including international relations, international law, and public administration and policy. Dates of Coverage: 1975--
- Become a better researcher!
- Drop in at the Research Help Desk or call 440-775-5031 during research desk hours
- Email us at email@example.com
- Chat / IM with a librarian
- Sign up for a Research Appointment
- Contact Rosalinda directly -- firstname.lastname@example.org or 440-775-8105
- Sign-up for Office Hours, Tues or Weds, 3-4:30, Mudd 106
- Citation Help -- Print sources at Oberlin
- Citation Help -- Online sources
- Purdue University's Online Writing Lab (OWL)
KEEPING TRACK OF YOUR SOURCES
ProQuest RefWorks is a citation management tool that helps researchers gather, manage, store and share information, as well as generate citations and bibliographies in a wide variety of styles.
- Search - OBIS, OhioLink, PubMed & Scopus
- Share - Folders via URL
- Store - PDFs online and take notes
- Read - Search your references fulltext and save searches
- Write - Create a simple reference list and use Write-N-Cite to format paper in Microsoft Word
- Check out our video tutorial!
The Dag Hammarskjöld Library provides research and information to support the work of United Nations Member States by providing access to UN official documents, including meeting notes and press releases.
Finding UN documents
There are multiple access points for locating UN documentation, and this FAQ will help you determine which source is easiest to use given your information need.
Multidisciplinary - good for nearly all subjects. Scholarly and trade journals, popular magazines, newspapers, conference proceedings, book reviews, and more.
Full-text global news sources, including newspapers, newswires, television and radio transcripts, numerous regional and industry publications, and images from Reuters. Content comes from ~160 countries in 22 languages.
World News Connection (1995 - 2013)
Translations and transcripts of news stories from non-U.S. media sources including newspaper articles, conference proceedings, television and radio broadcasts, periodicals, and non-classified technical reports. Coverage focuses on socioeconomic, political, scientific, technical, and environmental issues and events. Dates of Coverage: 1995 - 2013
See the NEWS & NEWSPAPERS for finding guides to major newspapers and links to other news databases.